JWF-NJ grants have made a sustainable difference in the lives of women and girls. Some of the innovative and impactful programs we have supported include:
IMPACT GRANTS (FALL CYCLE, $5,000)
- Perinatal Health Equity Initiative: DOPE (Defying Others’ Perceptions & Expectations). Funds staff trainings in preparation for launch of DOPE, a mental health support group for Black mamas from pregnancy to two years postpartum.
- Hillel of Greater MetroWest: Rosh Chodesh Women's Series. Funds a monthly wellness and mental health initiative during the spring semester for Jewish college women in Northern/Central New Jersey universities.
LARGE GRANTS (SPRING CYCLE, $25,000)
- Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan New Jersey: Teen LINKS and School Sexual Health Education. Provides intensive training to high school girls in sexual education, peer advocacy and digital impact.
- The Safe House affiliated with Clara Maass Medical Center: The Safe House Kitchen Renovation. Upgrades the living amenities at a shelter that provides temporary housing for women and children.
- Volunteer Lawyers for Justice: Legal Assistance for Trafficking Victims. Provides legal representation for victims of human trafficking and helps vacate their convictions.
ISRAEL GRANTS (ANONYMOUS DONOR; GRANT TO AN ISRAELI-BASED ORGANIZATION)
- Jewish Women’s Collaborative International Fund: Contract Workers Action. Improves labor rights and conditions for women in caretaking and service professions in Israel.
- Bat Kol: Therapy Groups for Religious Lesbians.
Equips members with tools to navigate between their identities as religious Jews and gay women.