The Jewish Women’s Foundation of New Jersey is committed to investing in projects that protect and sustain women and girls and help them reach their fullest potential.
Our goal is to maximize JWF’s impact through grantmaking, education, and advocacy.
- Grantmaking — We assess programs through a gender lens and provide a vehicle for creating lasting social change through strategic funding.
- Education — We design programs that inform and empower JWF members and community leaders.
- Advocacy — We engage with the community and grantees on issues affecting women and girls and advocate for change.
JWF MEMBERS PARTICIPATE IN ALL STAGES OF OUR TRANSPARENT DECISION-MAKING PROCESS INCLUDING:
- Outreach with local organizations
- Review of grant proposals
- Visits with grant applicants
- Selecting grant recipient organizations
- Evaluating the success of projects
SOME OF THE IMPORTANT ISSUES JWF SUPPORTS
- Legal and social advocacy for women escaping forced marriages
- Leadership development for at-risk girls
- Support for victims of abuse
- Resiliency and skills-building for mothers of special-needs children
- STEM programs for girls
- Jobs-skills training
JWF SPECIAL INITIATIVES
- Human Trafficking — Founding member of the New Jersey Coalition Against Human Trafficking
- U.S. Female Veterans — Sponsor of NGO roundtables focusing on the ongoing challenges facing New Jersey’s female veterans as they transition from military to civilian life
- Women Refugees and Legal Immigrants — 2017-19 Special Initiative focus